Things to Know:
- Pfizer Vaccine gets full approval. The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, now named Comirnaty, was granted full approval for ages 16 and up by the FDA. It is still under emergency use authorization for ages 12-15 and for administering third doses to certain immunocompromised individuals 12 and up. For more, see the FDA's statement.
- FDA/CDC Approves Additional Vaccine Dose for Immunocompromised. The FDA amended the emergency use authorizations (EUAs) for both the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine and the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Aug. 12th to allow for the use of an additional dose in certain immunocompromised individuals. View CDC ACIP committee recommendations and full list of conditions.
- What About Booster Shots? MCDPH and its vaccine vendors follow CDC and FDA guidance regarding the need for a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine. At this time, the FDA has not authorized a booster dose of any COVID-19 vaccine. Once approved, the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices will make its recommendations on the announcement of a national plan for booster dose rollout tentatively scheduled the week of Sept. 20th.
- New Research Supports Vaccination is Safe for Pregnant Women. CDC has released new data on the safety of the COVID-19 vaccines in pregnant people and is recommending all people 12 years of age and older get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- New Vaccine Map Feature: See Open Appts at CVS & Walgreen's. You can now see what select pharmacy locations have appt availability with our Vaccine Finder map. Find these pharmacies and more plus dozens of other providers on our vaccine locator page.
- Are You a Vaccine Provider?: For information and links to vaccine guidance for providers, training resources, and more, please visit our Partners and Providers page.
- New Vaccination Data: We are now publishing data on who has been vaccinated in Maricopa County. These data are updated each Wednesday at Maricopa.gov/COVID19vaccinedata.