Select the type of records request needed below:
Arizona law defines records into two types:
- Non-Commercial Purpose Public Records Request: The use of public records for personal information, not for profit.
- Commercial Purpose Public Records Request: The use of public records for sale or resale including any of the following (A.R.S.§39-121.03 (D)):
- Producing a document containing all or part of the copy, printout or photograph for sale.
- Obtaining of names and addresses from such public records for the purpose of solicitation or for creating a list for resale.
- For any purpose in which the purchaser can reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from the direct or indirect use of such public records.
If you are a member of the news media, the Public Information Officers page can assist you with finding a department specific communications officer.
Record requests are generally completed within five to ten business days. You will be notified if that time frame will need to be extended. If you need records from a department other than Air Quality, please visit the Maricopa County Public Records Request page. Please note, all commercial record requests have a flat fee of $120 to be paid prior to processing of the request.